Fwd: Samba dropping every 1-2 hours

Odhiambo Washington wash at iconnect.co.ke
Mon Nov 6 20:32:24 GMT 2000

[-redirected from freebsd-questions]

----- Forwarded message from Dave Woods <kudos at telusplanet.net> -----
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 13:28:16 -0700
From: Dave Woods <kudos at telusplanet.net>
To: freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.ORG
Sender: owner-freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Samba dropping every 1-2 hours

Has anyone ever had Samba 2.0.6 running on FreeBSD 4.0 drop (briefly)
and then come back up. this is very bizare and I can not find anything
on it so far about what might be causing this as it works 99% of the
time. We used to run Samba 2.0.6 on FreeBSD 3.6 and we never had this
problem until the upgrade.

Thanks,
Dave

----- End forwarded message -----

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash at iconnect.co.ke 5th Flr Furaha Plaza

All programmers are optimists. Perhaps this modern sorcery especially attracts
those who believe in happy endings and fairy godmothers. Perhaps the hundreds
of nitty frustrations drive away all but those who habitually focus on the end
goal. Perhaps it is merely that computers are young, programmers are younger,
and the young are always optimists. But however the selection process works,
the result is indisputable: "This time it will surely run," or "I just found
the last bug." -Frederick Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"