Beginner Question

Carlos Correia Carlos.Correia at compta.pt
Fri Nov 3 14:35:52 GMT 2000

I have a problem with access permissions.
With Security=Share, i have to set username, right ? And then it asks me a
password against that user(s). In this case I must have Encrypted Passwords=
Yes, right ?

When I try to use Security=User, I have to set valid users, right ?

When I try to access a share, I need to suply a IPC$ password, and I dont
know what password I have to put in here.
Is it something about smbpassword ? I didnt understand how to use it.

The share I'm trying to access is share1 and I have a user named user1 :

[global]
	workgroup = COMPTA
	netbios name = PTESA-BULL
	server string = Samba Server