Fwd: [LeapList] Automating SAMBA share mounting

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Thu Nov 2 18:18:37 GMT 2000

gcarter at valinux.com wrote:

> Adolfo Santiago wrote:
> >
> > I've looked in the O'Reilly SAMBA book, plus a couple
> > others that I have and all they seem to address is
> > Windows workstations connecting to a Linux SAMBA server.
> > I want Linux-to-Linux.
>
> autofs & NFS is a much better solution for Linux to Linux.

How do you deal with a linux user being able to write to a file locked in samba?

I have dealt with this with Samba + Netatalk, and it's not fun.  There doesn't
seem to be a solution.  AFAICT
--

Mike Fedyk                   "They that can give up essential liberty
Information Systems           to obtain a little temporary safety