Too many files

Igor Morgado igor at gvi.com.br
Wed May 31 12:13:59 GMT 2000

Hi list....

	I'm the newest in this list (I think), and I have a big problem, I'm usin
linux 2.2.2-15 with samba 2.0.7, everything is right but there is one thing
there I cannot resolve.

Look:

I have a directory called A, shared as A, and in A there is 210000 (yes two
hundred and ten thousand) files, with 115K each one, there is biggers and
smallers, but.... And when I try see one of these files I wait 8 minutes.

Considerations:
	No I cannot divide then into subdirectories.
	Yes it's too much files to ext2fs suport quickly...

TKS in advance!!!!