What user on what computer?

Ludwig Meyerhoff ludwig at antar.com
Tue May 30 05:57:17 GMT 2000

Hallo!

I found a quite usefull hint about email-notification using samba by simply writing a Mailslot-message-command into the users .forward-file.
That is quite nice, but there is a small problem: While the username is still the same, so does not the computername.
People can log on every computer in a network, so the computername varies.
I am looking for a method to run a script - on the server side (!!) at each logon and logoff of an user, so a user-database can be maintained.
I could write a script getting the computer a user logged in out of that database/table.

How could I solve that problem?

Saluti,

Ludwig