Log on/off scripts

Sarel J. Botha,,, sjbotha at email.com
Mon May 29 16:03:38 GMT 2000

I would love to have a feature whereby a script is run on the server when
a user logs on the network. This script would then do stuff like setup
forwarding and mail relay rules. I could patch it myself to do this.

I am a bit unsure about logging off though. How does the SMB protocol work?
Does the server know when a session ends? What if the client machine
crashes?

Thanks
--
Sarel Botha