bug with automatic added users ?

Juergen Koehler koehler.allplan at walter-bau.de
Mon May 22 17:44:06 GMT 2000

Hello,

I'm running samba 2.0.7 in a little nt-domain with security = domain.
This works fine, but I don't want to manually put my nt-domain-users to
local users of my linux server. So I put in my smb.conf quick and
dirthy:

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m -s /bin/false %u

This works, smbrun called useradd and the account would be successful
createt and return is 0, but Samba asks the user for account and
password again.

When I now restart the Samba-Services or kill the session to the
user-machine, then in the next session the former created account can be
used.

What's the matter ?

I think, after create a user, Samba must again have a lock to
/etc/passwd and I think, that this yet iss'n so.

Can annyone tell me, if this is a bug from me or from Samba ?

Regards

   Juergen

--
Juergen Koehler
allplan Gesellschaft fuer Planung und Beratung im Ingenieurbau
mailto:koehler.allplan at walter-bau.de