Samba 2.0.7 configure-script disfunction.

Alexandre Oliva oliva at ic.unicamp.br
Sat May 20 10:04:38 GMT 2000

On Apr 27, 2000, Janne Johansson <jj at dynarc.se> wrote:

> it doesn't mkdir "bin" for me, making it compile all
> the way until it is about to link bin/smbd.

> Anyway, doing a quick "mkdir bin" and restarting the
> make again solved the problems. I guess the Makefile
> should do this somewhere.

It does.  The problem is that, for some reason, bin/.dummy was
included in the distribution, so make found it because of VPATH, and
didn't create it in the build tree.  bin/.dummy shouldn't be included
in the distribution.

Jeremy, any chance of fixing this for the next release?

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaraná, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com