Question on SMB in place of NFS

Sid VanHouten CT90 svanhout at kermit.ct.gmr.com
Thu May 18 15:02:18 GMT 2000

Could you be a little more specific on the issues you have having with HP NFS?
We are trying to use HP/CIFS(samba) and are having a good bit of trouble.  In
particular, very poor performance on connecting to automounted file systems.
Best I can tell at this point, only automounted file systems from HP
workstations.  Sun/Samba combination works ok in the same environment.

Sid V.

Sid VanHouten                   svanhout at gmr.com
MS 480-106-254
Electronic Data Systems