ESP Print Pro 4.04 / Samba 2.0.7 / HP Deskjet 2000 C

Dirk Allard dirk at materials.uni-wuppertal.de
Wed May 17 14:33:24 GMT 2000

Hi,

our system is as follows:

Linux Server (Debian woody), Samba 2.0.7, several Windows clients (NT 4 Server
and Workstation, Win95), Tektronix 840, Laserjet 4000 and Deskjet 2000. As
printing system we use ESP Print Pro 4.04 (which seems to be comparable to cups
1.0x).

In smb.conf we included "printing=cups" and the following printer section.

[printers]
        comment = Netzwerkdrucker ueber Linux
        path = /var/tmp
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes
        print ok = Yes
        browseable = No

Printing from the linux machine to all printers makes no problems, printing
from the windows clients to the tek or the laserjet is ok. But there is no
chance to print from windows to the deskjet - although there is explicit
support for the deskjet2000 via a special ghostscript driver in ESP. The error
message I get in cups has the number 40a, I also have an error line like
"get_jobs: resource name '/printers/homes' no good!

or

"get_printer_attrs: resource name '/printers/homes' no good!

Anybody here, who can help us?

Best regards,

Dirk
--