Truncated Directory Listing

Gavin Shelley gavins at iplbath.com
Wed May 17 07:32:43 GMT 2000

I also have seen this. Again on Solaris 2.6, and Samba 2.0.6

An upgrade to 2.0.7 did nothing to fix the problem.

I was having a problem with a mapping to the root dir '/', and a bunch of
dirs were missing. [Yes, the mapping to / was bad, and we don't do it
anymore.] All other mapping were fine, and still are.

Turning of the getwd cache didn't help.

On turning up the samba trace, when trying to list the dir, there is an
is_in_path() check for all the dirs there should be, e.g.

[2000/05/17 08:24:12, 8] lib/util.c:is_in_path(2430)
  is_in_path: pc_area

but there is no corresponding name_map_mangle() entry in the log for the
missing dirs, but there is a name_map_mangle(0 for the dirs which are found.

I haven't investigated further, and the above may be perfectly normal, so
there you are :)

rgds

Gavin