Samba 2.0.7 fails to configure

jpff at maths.bath.ac.uk jpff at maths.bath.ac.uk
Tue May 16 13:01:19 GMT 2000

I have been tracking the various releases over time. I run Samba on a
mixed network, including SGI Irix4.0.5F, Debian Linux 1.3.1, and
Redhat 6.2.   I have had no trouble previously building (except on
Irix where i have to declare some functions every time, but i guess I
am about the only person still running 4.0.5F).  This time on Irix I
got an error in configure.

checking for int16 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for uint16 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for int32 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for uint32 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for conflicting AUTH_ERROR define in rpc/rpc.h... yes
checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code. Aborting config

Any suggestions as what one is supposed to do next?
==John ffitch