LPRng question

Gerry Maddock gerrym at futuremetals.com
Fri May 12 12:39:19 GMT 2000

<It seems that the print command is trying to find the printer at
location 'localhost'.  Since this is a network printer it is not at
localhost is it?>

Yeah, the error messages made no sense to me either!

Well, like I said earlier: < The IP address of this printer is 10.1.1.192. I
call this
 printer nero, and have it listed in my /etc/hosts file>

Here is a copy of part of my host file:
127.0.0.1  localhost localhost.localdomain
10.1.1.190   penguin.futuremetals.com penguin
10.1.1.192  nero

Now, I'm not getting any error messages, but nothing prints!!!!! Nothing in
the queue! I'm still able to telnet into port 9100, type some sentences,
then do the [ctrl] [l] and the printer prints what I just typed!

Thanks for helping Russ!! - if you need any other info, let me know.