Samba Problem

Hartley Graeme GWHARTLEY at dera.gov.uk
Thu May 11 14:55:07 GMT 2000

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the Samba 2.0.3 for Sun Solaris 2.5.1
binaries package.

Have edited the smb.conf file as per installation instructions.
Have checked the smb.conf file using testparm - all okay!
Have checked that the smbd and nmbd daemons are running - all okay!
Have run smbstatus which indicates everything all okay!
Have run smbclient which lists all the services on the Samba server -
all okay!

On our NT4 clients I can browse the Network Neighbourhood and "see" the
Samba server but as soon as I try to view any of the shares by double
clicking I get a dialogue box which says:

\\Farne is not accessible
The network path was not found

Can you suggest anything that I could be doing wrong or have not done?

TIA

Graeme.

Graeme Hartley  <><                          Room 140, Building A22
Email: gwhartley at dera.gov.uk          Defence Evaluation Research Agency
http: http://www.dera.gov.uk/          Winfrith Technology Centre
Tel:  +44 1305 212634                      Dorchester, Dorset
Fax: +44 1305 212107                      DT2 8XJ

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.