SAMBA digest 2519

Donald E. Hammond dhammond at nac.net
Thu May 11 13:08:45 GMT 2000

Looks like the name 'xunil' isn't getting resolved to an IP number.
This isn't a samba problem, but a basic configuration issue.  Assuming
your name resolution configuration looks at /etc/hosts first (1), you
need to add an entry to that file.  Something like:

193.136.131.57   xunil.<your domain>   xunil

(1) look in /etc/host.conf for a line like:

order hosts bind

HTH

 - Don