2.0.7 : 2 problems with install on Compaq Tru64

Michel Jouvin jouvin at lal.in2p3.fr
Tue May 2 13:16:49 GMT 2000

Hi,

I just installed 2.0.7 on Compaq Tru64 4.0F with options with-quotas and
with-utmp. I encountered the following two problems when building smbd :

1- In smbd/quotas.c, one comment is introduced by //. This is not supported
by native cc I was using. This is on line :

      if (save_errno == EDQUOT)   /* disk quota exceeded */

2- As AIX, Tru64 has utmpx.h but 'x functions' are not implemented. I had
to undefined HAVE_UTMPX_H for Tru64 to be able to link smbd.
This is in smbd/connection.c. I added after the same code for AIX :

#if defined (__osf__)
#undef HAVE_UTMPX_H
#endif

This happens with Tru64 native C compiler. I don't know if gcc exhibits the
same behaviour.

Michel

     * Michel Jouvin                 Email : jouvin at lal.in2p3.fr *
     * LAL / CNRS                    Fax : +33 1 69079404        *
     * B.P. 34                                                   *
     * 91898 Orsay Cedex                                         *
     * France                                                    *