Cryptic error message

Aaron Dewell acd at woods.net
Fri Mar 31 21:09:11 GMT 2000

Apologies if this is a duplicate, but it didn't appear to send the first
time.

Does anyone have any hints on this error message (lsarpcd starting, and
doesn't start due to this):

socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.lsarpc/agent failed: Connection refused
socket connect to /usr/local/samba/var/locks/.msrpc/lsarpc failed: Connection refused
ncalrpc_l_establish_connection: failed lsarpc)
ncalrpc_l_use_add: connection failed
lsa query info failed

This causes smbd not to start afterwords.  I'm using Samba-TNG version
0.15, and the startup script from the source/scripts directory.  The
passwords are in a MySQL database, and I'm trying to configure it as a PDC
and domain logon server.  Any thoughts on where the problem is?

Thanks,

Aaron