network connection crashes when copying large files

Carsten Nordstrøm Jensen north at get2net.dk
Thu Mar 30 08:07:10 GMT 2000

A network with a RedHat 6.0 linux server and samba 2.0.6 and
Windows 95 clients:

For example during the process of copying large (binary?) files
I VERY often experience that the network connection to the
Win95 machine crashes. The lovely Windows Blue-Screen
message about an exception  appears, with a message something
like (translated from danish):

An exception OE has appeared at 0028:C104311B in VxD ELNK3(01)+
00000E4B. This was called from 0028:C004374B in VxD NDIS(01)+
00006733. You may be able to continue as normal.

I am NOT able to continue, I am not even able to restart
the computer normally, have to use power off/power on
method....

I had hoped this was solved when updating from 2.0.5a1,
which is native with RedHat 6.0.

How do I diagnose the problem?

- Carsten