HP-UX 10.20 Installation problems

Glenn Stewart glenn at cances.atp.COM.AU
Thu Mar 30 06:54:00 GMT 2000

Hi Samba gurus,

Unfortunately we have done the big move over to Windows 2000.
I have been trying to compile 2.0.6 on an HP-UX 10.20 (K Server).
Currently .configure bails with the tail of the configure being:

checking whether to use SSL... no
checking whether to use MMAP... no
checking whether to use syslog logging... no
checking whether to support netatalk... no
checking whether to support disk-quotas... no
checking how to get filesystem space usage
checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
checking statvfs function (SVR4)... no
checking for 3-argument statfs function (DEC OSF/1)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.bsize member (AIX, 4.3BSD)...
no
checking for four-argument statfs (AIX-3.2.5, SVR3)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.fsize member (4.4BSD and
NetBSD)...  no
checking for two-argument statfs with struct fs_data (Ultrix)... no
checking if large file support can be enabled
no
checking configure summary
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

Any HP/Samba ppl out there that can give me directions in how to get around
this problem?

Thanks in advance

Glenn Stewart
Systems Administrator