Cannot read file

c.j.bol bol at Axp1.IenD.wau.nl
Wed Mar 29 13:49:13 GMT 2000

Hi,
On my local PC I have two networkdrives, on from a samba-server and one from an
NT-server.
During the installation of the Imagine-package (NT-version) to this samba-server
(V2.0.4b) I get the message that some file (Program Files\IMAGINE
8.4\etc\usgs.smd) cannot be opened for read.
If I install the software to the NT-server everything runs fine.
So in both cases I install from ny PC to a networkdrive.

We use this sambaserver intensively for a lot of WNT/W98 clients without
problems.
Any explanation for this?

Thanks,
Kees Bol
Mailto:bol at axp1.iend.wau.nl (!! bol at a,x,p,one,...)
Dept. for Information Mgt. and Datacomm. (I&D)
Wageningen UR,
Dreijenplein 2, 6703 HB  Wageningen, Netherlands
Phone:+31(0)317-484715  Fax:+31(0)317-485360
http://www.wau.nl