Something about Upper/Lower-case

Hans-Henrik Andresen hha at pine.dk
Wed Mar 29 11:04:53 GMT 2000

Hi,

We are using SAMBA on Solaris and AIX and discovered a funny
thing. (A bug ??) (We had tried on a Linux-box as well and have same
result.)

SAMBA AFTER VER. 2.0.0 returns the full path in both UPPER and LOWER case,

eg. DRIVERLETTER:\DIR\DIR\DIR\filename.txt

This is a problem for us do to Unix case-sensitive.

Our devel.dep. wrote a litle program using this routine (From the helpfile
from Visual Studio 6) And its    status.m_szFullName    there is the
problem.

Hope someone can help me / correct me.

Hans-Henrik Andresen
Project Manager
Pine Tree systems
hha at pine.dk

PS: Tried to send a bug-report, but my mail return'ed

CFile::GetStatus
BOOL GetStatus( CFileStatus& rStatus ) const;

static BOOL PASCAL GetStatus( LPCTSTR lpszFileName, CFileStatus& rStatus
);

Return Value

TRUE if the status information for the specified file is successfully
obtained; otherwise, FALSE.

Parameters

rStatus

A reference to a user-supplied CFileStatus structure that will receive
the status information. The CFileStatus structure has the following
fields:

CTime m_ctime   The date and time the file was created.

CTime m_mtime   The date and time the file was last modified.

CTime m_atime   The date and time the file was last accessed for
reading.

LONG m_size   The logical size of the file in bytes, as reported by the
DIR command.

BYTE m_attribute   The attribute byte of the file.

char m_szFullName[_MAX_PATH]   The absolute filename in the Windows
character set.
lpszFileName

Example

//example for CFile::GetStatus
CFileStatus status;
extern CFile cfile;
if( cfile.GetStatus( status ) )    // virtual member function
   {
      #ifdef _DEBUG
         afxDump << "File size = " << status.m_size << "\n";
      #endif
   }
char* pFileName = "test.dat";
if( CFile::GetStatus( pFileName, status ) )   // static function
   {
      #ifdef _DEBUG
         afxDump << "Full file name = " << status.m_szFullName << "\n";
      #endif
   }