Configuration woes corrected

Henri J. Schlereth henris at neandertal.org
Sat Mar 25 17:46:05 GMT 2000

Well after I tried it the ./configure on all machines ( 4 total)
I ran a few other compiles of other programs and figured out
what was missing. Evidently the RH62 kernel "forgets" to
put a symlink from /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 --> asm.
I put that in and presto ./configure creates the Makefile
and I am compiling 2.0.7Pre2 as we speak.
What keyed this was trying a kernel compile, a sendmail 8.10.0
compile,  when they failed they were a bit more vocal about
why.
So this is just an informational email in case anyone else
get's the same problem. Sigh, I guess that is what I get
for getting to bloody close to the edge.

Henri
"The Geezer Geek"