samba 2.0.6 (and up?) bug

Sander Striker s.striker at striker.nl
Mon Mar 27 10:19:42 GMT 2000

>when I create a dirname with 'mkdir test\|', creating the dir 'test|',
>samba gives weird results
>the dirname is called test~[2 letters] on the windows client and loops
>back into itself into infinity.

Hmmm, this doesn't look like a bug to me. You are using a special character
in a directoryname. Those characters aren't allowed. Why would you
want to name a directory test| ?!? This way you can't use the pipe
on the command line anymore (only with lot's of quotes all the time).

Sander Striker

# cat test|/somefile
cat: test: No such file or directory
bash: /somefile: No such file or directory

PS. Yes, I was stupid enough to try this out :-P, I actually created
    a dir named 'test|' and created a file 'somefile' in it.