Printer shares question

Jonathan Bayer a8targazer at bayerfamily.net
Thu Mar 23 14:58:14 GMT 2000

Hi,

I checked the archives, but couldn't find this question:

I have two printers set up on my RedHat Linux 6.1 box, called lp0 and lp1 (original, huh?).  Anyway, I want both of these printers to be visible
and browsable on the network.  I have the following relevant lines in my smb.conf file:

     printcap name = /etc/printcap
     load printers = yes

     [printers]
          comment = All Printers
          path = /var/spool/samba
          browseable = no
          public = yes
          guest ok = yes
          writable = no
          printable = yes

While I can net use to the printers, they don't show up in a net view or when I look at the Network window on the Windows desktop.  Do I need
to specify each printer I want to be publicly visible, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

JBB