Arguments for Samba instead of NT-Server

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Mar 22 17:04:02 GMT 2000

Hello,

Can anyone give me arguments that could convince someone to choose for
Samba for file and print sharing instead of setting up a NT-server?

Performance ?
Stability ?
Benchmarks ?
Tests that someone has done?

Things like: "It's free" or "You don't need a powerful machine" are
irrelevant to
our administrators.
I'm looking for answers on questions like:

"Well, you can do the same with Windows Networking, why spend a lot of
time
trying to figure out Samba when it's standard in Windows?"

Any info would be mostly appreciated (so I can convince others to choose
for Samba). I prefer mail.

Thanks,

Werner Maes (werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be)
KULeuven