help please anybody - [ homes ] problem

Mark Prager mark.prager at seabridge.co.il
Wed Mar 22 14:35:52 GMT 2000

Hi -
I have samba 2.0.6 running on solaris 2.5.1
I am trying to access it from an NT box with the username 'test.clearcase'
My home section of smb.conf is defined as follows:

[homes]
   read only = no
   comment = Unix home directories
   create mode = 0750
   path = %H/pchome
   browseable = no
   writeable = yes

If I do finger test.clearcase I get the answer:

finger test.clearcase
Login name: test.clearcase                      In real life: Test Cleaecase
user
Directory: /users/soft/ttc              Shell: /usr/bin/tcsh
Never logged in.
No unread mail
No Plan.

However when I try to see this share from the nt box (
\\unixserver\test.clearcase ) while
I am logged in as test.clearcase, I get the following dialog:

\\unixserver\test.clearcase is not accessable .
The network name can not be found.

All other shares on this Unix box can be seen. Does anyone have any idea ?

Have a nice day.
-----------
Mark Prager
Unix System Administrator