Win 98 password changes - Help!

Andrew R Reid andrew at cpplating.com.au
Tue Mar 21 04:08:18 GMT 2000

I know that this may sound strange, but I sit here reading all the messages from people who have problems with getting passwords changed using the windows client tools.

I use Red Hat 6.1 with SAMBA 2.0.6 and this is all that I did to get it going

passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *updated*
unix password sync = yes

I had problems when I tried to do wild cards for the full output of the passwd command, so I cut the script down to the above, and it works fine.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Andrew