Rejoining a Domain

Eric Dahnke edahnke at istreetlabs.com
Tue Mar 21 01:48:19 GMT 2000

Hello List,

I keep seeing in reference to my particular error message...

"The system cannot log you onto this domain because the systems computer account
in its primary domain is missing or the password or that account is incorrect."

... suggestions which say do a bunch of things ...and then re-add the workstation
to the Windows domain.

Anyone know what "re-add the workstation to the Windows domain" means?

I don't think it means delete the wks name from passwd and smbpasswd and readd,
but log the nt wks into another domain or just its own wks (at the start-up
screen) and then try to re-join the samba controlled domain. Anyone?