broken pipe

David Collier-Brown - Sun Canada davecb at mohawk.East.Sun.COM
Mon Mar 20 16:00:16 GMT 2000

Lorenzo was seeing:
| lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(537) write_socket_data: write failure.
| Error = broken pipe
| lib/util_sock.c:writewrite_socket(563) write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes
| of data to socket 5: ERRNO = Broken pipe

	This is usually a cry of pain from Samba, who's lost
	its connection to the client.

	The previous reports that I remember were about the client
	timing out and reporting a problem, after which it had to
	be reconnected and the file re-written.

	Can you describe to the list what this looks like at the
	client as well at the server? Is the file large, and is this
	specific to a small number of machines, or hitting everyone?

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown in Boston
Phone: (781) 442-0734, Room BUR03-3632