Samba 2.0.6 and Windows 95 logon

QUICK, Ashleigh AQUICK at baea.com.au
Sat Mar 18 03:19:16 GMT 2000

Hello

I have just updated from Samba 2.0.5 to 2.0.6, and have found that the path
to the user profile does not seem to work properly.

I am using:
Win95 OSR2 on PCs
Solaris 2.5.1 on a Sun Ultra 2/200
Samba 2.0.6 (compiled with gcc 2.7.2)

My smb.conf file includes the following lines:

Domain logons = yes
Logon script = mount.bat
Logon home = \\%N\%U
Logon path = \\%N\%U\winapps\win95

All of the normal win95 domain logon, executing of the script and loading of
the config.pol seem to be working OK.

The user profile settings should be (and were OK with samba 2.0.5) stored in
the users \winapps\win95 directory.

Now I am seeing them go into the users home directory.

I am guessing (but not prepared to try and verify) that the "logon home" is
being used instead of "logon path".

I have had to revert to samba 2.0.5a because of this.

Anybody else seen this or know of a fix?

Reply by email direct to me please - I do not subscribe to this mailing
list.

Ashleigh Quick
BAE SYSTEMS
PO Box 1068