Scripts to extract from Samba logs

mdgabrie at collins.rockwell.com mdgabrie at collins.rockwell.com
Fri Mar 17 23:55:54 GMT 2000

Before I reinvent the wheel, I wanted to find out if anyone has developed
any scripts, and has made them available, that extract data from the Samba
log files?

More specifically, I want to use the information in the Samba log files to
create a "database" that shows the date/time a user connected to a share
and then logged off. The script would run daily and extract the most recent
information.

This will allow me to get a list of recent samba user and send them
informational e-mails; it will also let me know when a user has last
connected to a share.

Thanks,

Mike Gabriel
Rockwell Collins