Not a bug, but a short wish-list...

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Mar 17 19:24:10 GMT 2000

"Rodolf, Frank" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Not a bug, but something we really miss...
> We are using Samba on a number of platforms, including RedHat Linux and HP
> UX, but mostly on the Solaris platform. It works great but, like I said
> before, we miss one thing: support for ACL...
>
> Is there any chance of this being added, and if so, what's the status of it?
>
> Hoping to hear from you soon,

Yes, this is being added (probably for 2.0.8) specifically
for HPUX (and maybe also IRIX and Solaris). Linux & FreeBSD
don't have filesystem ACL support yet so this will have to wait
on Linux and FreeBSD. HP & SGI engineers are specifically working
on this (thanks people !).

I'm CC:ing this answer to the list as it is hopefully of
general interesst.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.