broken pipe

Lorenzo Rondelli Lorenzo_Rondelli at gidi.it
Fri Mar 17 16:37:20 GMT 2000

Have searched through the mailing list archives and have seen this show up a
couple of other times, but no answers seem to be forthcoming. I am runing
Samba 2.0.6 on a unix hp-ux 10.20 system and keep seeing the following errors in

the logs:
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(537) write_socket_data: write failure.
Error = broken pipe
followed by:
lib/util_sock.c:writewrite_socket(563) write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes
of data to socket 5: ERRNO = Broken pipe

What's going on here and how can I fix it. I'm using  server level security and
have enabled
 the TCP_NODELAY socket option as
described in the documentation.

At present, there are about 200 people that use Samba to access Excel
spreadsheets . The user loose the file that I have to restore on his client

Thanks,