Samba 2.0.6

Glen Gibb grg at ridley.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Mar 17 06:37:58 GMT 2000

> 2. Logging of smbd: In my smb.conf if have an entry as
>
>          log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.smb-origin
>
>    Then, after samba is started, this log file is created.
>    So far so good. But an additional log file is created
>    called "log.smb" whose name cannot be controlled in
>    the smb.conf file.

I've seen that you've already recieved some responses to your questions.
However, you can change the name of the log file by specify the "-l
log_file"  option when you start smbd to use another name other than
log.smb (or I think you can specify the default name when compiling).

Glen Gibb
IT Co-ordinator
Ridley College