Differing Win & Linux user names

Tobias Galitzien tg at channel-one.de
Thu Mar 16 18:38:57 GMT 2000

You forgot to put the statement "username map = /path/to/your/smbusers"
into smb.conf. Exactly this is smbusers for and you didn´t find it in
the docs because the filename of it is arbitrary. You can use "username
map = /etc/mylittlefile" as long as you have a file /etc/mylittlefile
where you put the line dan = "Daniel Foster".