Samba 2.0.6

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Thu Mar 16 16:28:44 GMT 2000

Joachim Backes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 problems with samba V2.0.6 on IRIX 6.5.6 (Origin2000 HW):
>
> 1. making it with the IRIX C compiler, all is made fine and runs fine.
>    But if I use gcc for making, then after installation, only nmbd
>    runs, but smbd dies without any error msg.
>
>    My gcc version is 2.95.2.
>    Known?

These problems are fixed in the pre-2.0.7 release.

> 2. Logging of smbd: In my smb.conf if have an entry as
>
>          log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.smb-origin
>
>    Then, after samba is started, this log file is created.
>    So far so good. But an additional log file is created
>    called "log.smb" whose name cannot be controlled in
>    the smb.conf file.
>
>    Any workaround?

This is because samba makes some log entries before smb.conf is read.
These entries go to log.smb

Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Strategic Software Organization              Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177