Domain Names Registration Problems

Artyom V. Viklenko artem at mipk-kspu.kharkov.ua
Wed Mar 15 15:58:24 GMT 2000

Hi!

Recently I have installed Samba 2.0.5a on SCO OpenServer 5.0.2c with
numerous patches. And now have upgraded to 2.0.6. But problem remains.

I have OS/2 Warp Servers and several subnetworks with routers and
I try to use samba for access UNIX files and name resolution ( w/WINS) .
It works. But domain names registers in wins.dat with ip-address
255.255.255.255 instead of domain controller ip-address.

When I try to logon from OS/2 Warp 4 to domain in other subnet
I got message that domain controller not found. Same for Windows 95.

I add domain names in DNS and use "dns proxy = yes" and after starting
samba ( wins.dat empty )logons successfull.

If I use nmblookups samba tryes to find non-local domain in its subnet
and so don't find it.

So, is it a bug in nmbd or I need to do additional configuration?

Thank you!

--
    Sincerely yours,
                       Artyom V. Viklenko.