Samba question - Out of File Structures

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Tue Mar 14 19:59:33 GMT 2000

Ross,
For Solaris, put the line

set rlim_fd_max=2048

or however big you want the limit to be in your /etc/system file and
reboot your
machine. This increases the default open file descriptor limit from
1024. As with any kernel tuning, however, I understand that it should be
used with care :-)

Good luck.

--
			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst