samba and ldap

foster hayward foster at cabsav.vu.edu.au
Tue Mar 14 04:04:29 GMT 2000

I have successfully setup samba (2.0.6 on redhat 6.1) to authenticate
users and get all user account information (home dir etc) from an ldap
server (openldap 1.2.7 on freebsd3.4) with win95/98 clients using
nss_ldap/pam_ldap and plaintext passwords.
I would like to use the same setup with client-side encryption ie.
between client (win98) and samba server, but have been unable to.
My question is can it be done (I wish to have all user information on
the ldap server) and if so can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
foster