Really Wacky Problem!

Jim Watt jimw at peisj.pebio.com
Tue Mar 14 03:27:45 GMT 2000

--On 03/13/2000 7:14 PM -0800 Mukesh Vadgama wrote:

} Seems like rlogin is stopping the connection. I will try and get hold
} of tcpdump see what that comes up with.

That will at least confirm what the input for the session request
looks like.  But as I think about this problem some more, I don't
see how the problem could be external to the server itself.  It's
as if it's getting a session request with a called name other than
"zeus", but from your description of what you've tried, that's
not really very likely.

A better approach might be to increase the debug level on smbd
on zeus, and see what the data that the smb daemon is receiving
looks like from "inside" the machine.

Jim
Jim Watt                               jimw at peisj.pebio.com
PE Biosystems                          Voice (desk): +1 408 577 2228
PE Informatics Division                Fax:          +1 408 894 9307
3833 North First Street                Voice (main): +1 408 577 2200
San Jose CA 95134-1701