Really Wacky Problem!

Mukesh Vadgama mvadgama at objectswitch.com
Tue Mar 14 02:27:38 GMT 2000

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response.

I have no netbios name set specifically in smb.conf, there is a DNS
entry for zeus called "zeus". Other systems Sol 2.5 and Sol 2.6 work
fine with a older samba, using no "netbios name". I just copied the
the global part of the smb.conf, onto zeus it looks like this:

[global]
   workgroup = OBJECTSWITCH
   password server = jupiter
   local master = no
   os level = 65
   browse list = yes
   guest account = softwire
   security = server
   printing = sysv
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   load printers = no
   mangle case = yes
   password level = 8
   create mode = 0775
   log file = /opt/samba/var/log
   log level = 6
   wins server = 10.170.254.2

I've really racked my head with this one! I appreciate the reply.

Thanks,
Mukesh.