Sharing Dos/Windows drives from a Linux system

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Mon Mar 13 20:26:28 GMT 2000

[Steve Cohen]
> Thanks Peter, unfortunately, these solutions don't work for me,
> although they sound logical.  When I try them, the user or group I
> set the id of using uid= or gid= are not even allowed to cd into
> /mnt/dosD under unix, let alone under samba.

Then it's a Unix problem, not a Samba problem.  I suspected as much.

I am stumped, though.  I have no idea why this

> /dev/hdb1 /mnt/dosD noexec,noauto,user 0 0
> su USERID -c "/bin/mount /mnt/dosD"

works and what I said doesn't.  The only thing I can think of is a bug
in your `mount' command (which is either distributed by itself or as
part of `util-linux').  This seems unlikely, though -- would Red Hat
distribute a broken `mount' command?

Peter