Samba code to workaround NT PDC passwd auth bug

Tobias Galitzien tg at channel-one.de
Fri Mar 10 13:32:47 GMT 2000

Hello all!

I can understand why there is such code in Samba to check if an NT PDC
has this bug that it considers arbitrary user/pw pairs as valid. Is this
Bug in every NT Server? Can I somehow check if my particular NT Server
has this bug or not and then disable Samba´s behaviour on this matter?
It seems that my NT server hasn´t got this bug because otherwise it
would be logged at level 3 or not?

Can I be sure that the but does not appear anyway sometime?

Is it possible to disable the check in Samba?

I am using 2.0.6.

Thanks
	Tobias