Microsoft Knowledge Base Q168821

Mike Bostock mike at yew-tree.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 21:00:59 GMT 2000

In your message regarding Re: Microsoft Knowledge Base Q168821 dated
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:26:06 +1100, Stephen L Arnold said that ...

>  David Collier-Brown <davecb at canada.sun.com> wrote:
>
>  Subject: Re: Microsoft Knowledge Base Q168821
>
> > I haven't noticed this one mentioned on the list...
>
>  http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q168/8/21.ASP?LNG=ENG&

¿‡SA=AL&SA=AL

>  I agree with Dave.  Although it's typical M$ propaganda ("to resolve this problem, disable the
samba computers...) the proper setup should be addressed in the samba docs
(and maybe an additional
option in smb.conf).  I did get a good laugh out of it, though...

You guys have missed the point.  M$ has admitted that Samba is better than
NT when they say.... (of Samba) to behave much like a LAN Server or
Windows NT Server machine, only with added functionality and flexibility
designed to make life easier for administrators.

--
Mike Bostock
Home: mike at yew-tree.co.uk
Work: mike at wistaria.co.uk