samba, win98, and browse list problem.

awesome-dave1 at juno.com awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Tue Mar 7 02:37:23 GMT 2000

Hello,
	Here's a repost on my message of a few days ago, for reasons that I'm
not sure if it went through. If it did, my apologies, all suggestions
welcome.
	I'm having an identical problem on slackware linux 7.0 and freebsd
3.4-release and windows 98-2, with sp1, and samba 2.05 and 2.06,
depending on which system I've got up. Whenever I restart samba for
whatever reason, making a configuration change, or restarting the
machine, the 98 machine will not see the samba machine anymore, for at
least half an hour, it can see it's own shares, but not that of the samba
machine. I'm speculating it's got something to do with which machine has
the browse list. I've got the samba machine configed so that it always
forces a browser election, and wins, I've also got it's wins capabilities
enabled, and the 98 machine going there for wins resolution, neither of
the above has solved the problem.
	My smb.conf global section is below, suggestions welcome, either
privately or on list.
Thanks.
Dave.
[global]