NT error 1240

Joerg Weber joerg at fs.is.uni-sb.de
Mon Mar 6 20:07:47 GMT 2000

Hello everyone,

I'm rather new to Linux and Samba, and the following problem is just
beyond me.
Situation is as follows:

I've a Linux system, named Linux, running Samba 2.0.5a comming with Corel
Linux. IP Address is 192.168.0.1
My NT system is called Hades, running NT4 SP 5, IP Address is 192.168.0.2

Now, I can access my shared resources FROM Linux ON NT. Works fine. I can
as well access my shared resources FROM Linux ON Linux. But I cannot
access anything FROM NT on Linux.

I've enabled the encrypted-password support in samba via the
encrypt-passwords=yes option _and_ I've enabled plaintext password support
in NT.

Anyone any suggestion? I've included a few config-files, error-messages
and the like.

Thanks alot,
	Joerg

--
/etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
  security=share
  workgroup=Home
  preserve case=yes
  case sensitive=no
  server string=Local Machine Description
  short preserve case=yes
  load printers=no
  domain master=no
  prefered master=no
  wins support=no
  local master=no
  domain logons=no
  encrypt passwords=yes
  hosts allow = 192.168.0.2 192.168.0.1 localhost

[data]
  public=yes
  writeable=yes
  browseable=yes
  path=/data
  max connections=0
  available=yes

Linux:/usr/doc/samba-doc/textdocs# smbclient -L localhost
Added interface ip=192.168.0.1 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Domain=[HOME] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.0.5a]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        data           Disk
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Local Machine Description)

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        LINUX                Local Machine Description

        Workgroup            Master
        HOME
Linux:/usr/doc/samba-doc/textdocs# testparm
Processing section "[data]"
Loaded services file OK.

d:\net view \\Linux/
System error 1240 has occured.

The account is not authorized to login from this station.