authentication problems samba -> PDC

Eckhard Szemkus szemkus at iff.fhg.de
Mon Mar 6 09:12:06 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have a samba installation on a sun E250. It works in
servermodus to authenticate users with a Windows-PDC.
Now I've the problem when a user connects to a networkdrive
on the sun, sometimes it works, but sometimes it fails.
then he would ask to input his password again and after 3
times his account is deactivated on the PDC.
in the logfile from the pdc I see during a connect
first comes an request from user NT Authority/System for
the user tries to login,
than comes the request directly from the user.
in this cause the the user can connect. otherwise the
request from user NT Authority/System comes 3 times and the
user is locked.

this is the first entry:
user: NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM
Logon Failure:
 	Reason:		Unknown user name or bad password
 	User Name:	HOERIG
 	Domain:		LANGROUP
 	Logon Type:	3
 	Logon Process:	NTLanMan