SAMBA digest 2434

Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski B.Solarz-Niesluchowski at wsisiz.edu.pl
Thu Mar 2 18:39:47 GMT 2000

At 03:40 00-03-03 +1100, you wrote:
>Subject: Re: WINS browse sync!
>I have a somewhat similar setup with only a single WINS server:
>
>Samba server             WINS server
>     \                      /
>      \                    /
>     router--------------router-------multiple Winxx desktops
>      / 111.111.10.0     111.111.2.0
>     /
>Samba server
>
>Here are relevant settings from smb.confs for the two Samba servers:
>
>[global]
>         workgroup = MOMENTUM
>         netbios name = JUPITER
>         name resolve order = lmhosts wins host bcast
>         os level = 65
>         preferred master = Yes
>         domain master = Yes
>         wins server = 111.111.2.113
>         remote announce = 111.111.2.255 111.111.2.113
>         hosts allow = 111.111.10. 111.111.2.
>
>[global]
>         workgroup = MOMENTUM
>         netbios name = PLUTO
>         name resolve order = lmhosts wins host bcast
>         local master = No
>         wins server = 111.111.2.113
>         remote announce = 111.111.2.255 111.111.2.113
>         hosts allow = 111.111.10. 111.111.2.
>
>If you're using an NT PDC (I'm not) you probably don't want to use the
>same OS level, preferred master, and domain master settings as I have.
>I think the correct settings for use in conjunction with an NT PDC would
>be: OS level=0, preferred master=no, domain master=no, local
>master=yes/no (depending on which subnet PDC is on - 'no' if NT PDC is
>on same subnet as Samba server, 'yes' otherwise).  An NT PDC by default
>acts as a browse master.

Problem is in that I need TWO WINS serwer.......

My networks is in TWO internet domains (and in WINDOWS domains too) - I
have no NT PDC.

Your solution for me is known (net b.b.b.b has over 10 subnets and remote
browse sync works inside them correctly) but how make it to work thru
a.a.a.a <-> b.b.b.b

Best Regards

* Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski                              *
* Administrator WSISiZ                                         *
* Motto - nie psuj Win'9x one i bez tego sie psuja....         *
* Jak sobie poscielisz tak sie wyspisz                         *