Samba 2.0.6, SunOS 4.1.4_U1 problems

Alex STEPNEY A.Stepney at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 16:33:40 GMT 2000

Hi,

I've been away from Samba for quite a while now, but am currently
upgrading to 2.0.6 at my new post. So far so good with Solaris,
IRIX and Linux, but I can't get it to compile under SunOS (4.1.4_U1).

I'm compiling using gcc 2.7.2 and get lots of the following message
types:

> /opt/gcc272/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3_U1/2.7.2/include/sys/termios.h:116: warning: `NL0' redefined
> /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h:30: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

Then eventually the compilation fails with the following:

> In file included from lib/util.c:49:
> /usr/include/rpcsvc/ypclnt.h:51: redefinition of `struct ypall_callback'
> lib/util.c: In function `smbd_mktemp':
> lib/util.c:3170: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lib/util.o'

gcc is working fine for other source and I've tried using cc, but to
no avail. Is SunOS still supported as I noticed the binaries are no
longer available. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Alex.
Alex Stepney, UNIX Systems Group, UCL