Ne

Ranjit Kumar pedapati_rk at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 30 05:45:18 GMT 2000

Hi

I have been trying to configure SAMBA to work with NIS. I have made an
automounter map that works correctly. It mounts a users home directory from
machine X to /home/user-home on the current server. All this happens
properly.

After I specify the "nishome dir" and "homedir map" correctly, what else do
I need to include in the smb.conf file to make SAMBA work with NIS.

When I specified just the above two variables and try connect to a users
home directory, SAMBA serves the /home/user from the current machine. I
believe it is supposed to return the server name to the (NT/Win9x) client
and client connects to the actual SAMBA server.

Any sort of help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ranjit